Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The phrase "working mother" is redundant

This Sunday is Mother's Day, a wonderful time to celebrate all that mother's do for their families. My mom has been such a blessing in my life. She is someone I look up to and hope to be like when I am a mother. She has always had her families best interest in mind. Looking back to my childhood and adolescent days, I realize all the times I didn't thank her, I didn't even realize the sacrifices she made for us as kids and family. Every day she made us dinner, every week we had clean clothes and a clean house. And how many times did I say thank you? Not enough I'm sure.
What I challenge myself to do now is to thank her as much as possible, because I am always thankful for what she does, but I need to make more of an effort to express it. I realize how much I am like my mom, I give to people time. And usually that time is spent cooking, cleaning, helping, doing anything I can that I know that person will appreciate. And when I don't get a thank you? I feel like I must not have done a good enough job, and if I'm anything like my mom (which I know I am) how often must she have felt not good enough as a mom, not valued for all she did for us. So once a year we are given the opportunity to show just a little bit of the gratitude we have for the mothers who have given so much for us.

THANKS MOM!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment